Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Mother’s Day Post: My MBF (Mom Best Friend)


            With divorced parents, it’s always just been my mom and me, so I can easily say I’m very close to my mom. She’s always been there for me when I needed her, even when I thought I didn’t need her. I can go to her with any problem and I know she won’t judge me. I can simply laugh with her, go to her, be with her, trust her, etc. at all times for one specific reason.

My mom is my best friend.

Nope, I’m not ashamed of saying it. In fact, I’m proud of it. The truth is I think too many teens my age aren’t as close to their moms as they should be. I’m not saying we all have to be joined at the hip, but I wish more teens could at least appreciate everything their mothers do for them like I do.

My mom gave her all for me and I’ve always been grateful. She worked as many jobs as she had to, put me in the best schools she could, tried to make wherever we lived the best home it could be, all for me. Ever since I was born, her focus has always been me, her daughter, her child.

Hmm, all about the children, sounds a little bit like God, no?

My mom always tells me I’ll understand God’s love the most when I become a mom myself someday. Well, I don’t have any kids yet (and don’t plan on it for a long time!) but I think I can understand what she means. Moms give everything for their children, even their own lives if they have to, just like Jesus did. Moms love their children no matter what, just as unconditionally as God. I think that’s the whole point as to why God gives us moms in the first place, to feel His love through them.

Now I know not everyone has the best mom; some don’t even have moms at all. My mom herself isn’t perfect, but I’m thankful I at least have her and because of that, I’d like to end this post with a little shout out to her.


Dear Mami,

Thank you so much for everything you’ve ever done for me. You’re absolutely beautiful and I don’t know what I would do without you.

 Everything I was, everything I am, and everything I will be, I will always owe to you. I am just so grateful God sent you to me. I wouldn’t change you for anyone or anything.

You’re my angel and my best friend. Never forget that.

I love you with all of my hearts,
Your daughter


Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment