Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

An Easter Post: Jesus, the Easter Bunny?



            Truth: I have no idea how the Easter Bunny is connected to Jesus. Personally, when I picture Jesus on Easter, I picture Him rising from the tomb, all glorious and awesome, not as a bunny with a basket hiding eggs full of candy.

            Just because I cannot see the direct connection between Jesus and the Easter Bunny, I don’t think that should impede on celebrating a Christian Easter that includes the Easter Bunny.

            I heard about an activity on the radio that I would like to try someday, whether with my family or friends from youth group. The idea is to take plastic Easter eggs, but instead of filling them with candy, filling them with strips of paper that have Bible verses relating to the Easter story. Then, of course, the eggs have to be hidden all over the place. After the kids, or whoever participates, find all of the eggs, everyone comes together to share what he or she found and talk about the Easter story.

             Personally, I think this is an awesome idea! It’s easily customizable too, I’ve noticed. I tried to find the activity online, but I’ve only found similar activities that sound like the one I heard online, but are slightly different. The one I liked the most was this one: http://www.families.com/blog/an-easter-egg-hunt-with-a-christian-twist.

            I like the idea of taking the popular, societal fun activity for Easter and giving it a Christian twist. Christian kids (and teens!) don’t feel out that way.

            Now if only that could be done with everything…

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment