Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tattoos for Jesus?


            I’ve recently been hearing a lot about the topic of tattoos and whether or not Christians should get them. Since I don’t have a tattoo or even know if I would ever get one, I don’t know if I can really talk much on the topic. Honestly, only lately have I actually thought seriously about the whole idea.

            With the topic on my mind, I brought it up to another Christian friend of mine. She was pretty indecisive as well, but she did show me this video that got my attention.

            It got me thinking, what would Jesus really think about a Christian having tattoos? The main argument is always that we aren’t supposed to mark up or destroy our bodies because they are temples of the Holy Spirit, but what if we’re just decorating our bodies for the Holy Spirit?

            It’s an interesting thought worth meditating about.

3 comments:

  1. The Acts of the Apostles and further scriptures in the new testament show the pattern of the workings of the Holy Spirit. None of it had the Holy Spirit telling anyone to mark his body. Even the subject of circumcision expected by Jews from the Greeks was not an issues. The Holy Spirit was more interested in the circumcision of heart. So my dear, anyone who gets a tattoo in the guise of doing it 'for' the Holy Spirit is actually doing it for himself. Tattoos add no value to a person's body nor soul, instead it makes you look gangster. In times of slavery, slaves were given marks by their masters , while the freeborns were unblemished. But what do we have today, 'people marking themselves'! Isn't that pseudo-slavery of the soul now trending?
    www.monteeclairs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is also a very good point. As I said, I've only recently started delving into the topic and I am very interested in hearing both points of view. I just found this point of view particularly interesting which is why I posted on it. Thank you for your response and I will definitely check out your blog! God bless! :)

      Delete
  2. That's very interesting as well. Thank you for sharing that with me! God bless :)

    ReplyDelete